To ensure that accountability fairness and transparency is exercised in its dealings with all stakeholders HIAB governs its dealing with through the establishment of policies, that are monitored for correct implementation, by the management
- Grievance Policy: To ensure a fair and just solution are provided through an environment of a ‘Listening Leadership Team’ as promulgated by the CEO through her ‘Open-door Policy’
- Harassment Policy: HIAB strives to provide for all employees a professional and congenial work environment, so employees are treated -no matter the rank – with courtesy, consideration and professionalism. This Policy prohibits discrimination of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, or disability in all employment practices, including terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- IHG Human Rights Policy: HIAB strictly adheres to this global policy as a responsible business, to support protection of human rights, respect our employees’ rights to voluntary freedom of association, provide a safe and healthy working environment and does not support forced and compulsory labour or the exploitation of children. Further we support the elimination of employment discrimination and promote diversity in the workplace, whilst not supporting corruption. We conduct our business with honesty and integrity in compliance with applicable laws of the country.
- Selection & Hiring Policy: HIAB ensures all recruitment activities are transparent, just and within the framework of the Company’s recruitment norms. Discrimination on grounds of gender, nationality, religion, regional affiliation, cost, creed or color during any of the hiring process has a ‘zero tolerance’.
HIAB’s, corporate governance framework demands explicit and implicit contracts between the company and the stakeholders for distribution of responsibilities, rights, and rewards. Procedures for reconciling conflicting interests of stakeholders in accordance with their duties, privileges, and roles, as well as procedures for proper supervision, control, and information-flows to serve as a system of checks-and-balances are laid out.
- Vendors Selection Policy HIAB, as responsible business practices due diligence in selecting vendors, suppliers and business associates. Contracted suppliers must follow food hygiene and safety regulations of Dubai Municipality as laid down in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Manual.
HIAB ‘s HR goals are to employ a fair cross-section in the labor force, without any culture in dominance, no askew-ness in gender, employed in a family culture with a fair chance of growth. Presently HIAB employs 23 nationalities, in line with the UAE Labor Regulations, and does not employ minors. Further HIAB Hiring Policy practices “fair compensation without any discrimination based on gender, region, creed or culture.”
Skills Enhancement Program
HIAB’s long-term goal for giving fair growth to our employees is encouraged through a specially formulated programme for senior levels. Formulated in 2014 “Skills Enhancement Programme” has been taken up positively as it provides opportunity to employees to identify gap between their required and existing performance so that Company can make necessary measures to get them developed, where necessary.
Living in Core Values
IHG’s Winning Ways are how we behave every day – a set of behaviours based on our values that are helping us to become one of the very best companies in the world.
At HIAB we are committed to embrace these values and actually live in them. So we went an extra mile and introduced HIAB’s “WAY OF LIFE” a platform where we simplified core values and made them practicable for HIAB employees. It emerged as new ‘Peoples Management Philosophy’ which is understood and practiced by all employees across the board.
HIAB’s Family Facebook
HIAB’s Family Facebook Page (a closed Group of HIAB Family) was introduced in October 2014. Since then, it got extremely popular within the staff. So far we have 137 members who use it as best communication channel, not only for Training notifications or other happenings but also for great fun and entertainment especially when they go back home after their work. They share photos, videos, happenings, wishing birthdays and special occasion and that gives them a feeling of being with their family “HIAB Family”.
HIAB continually strives to improve its offering as an employer and requests feedback from employees, both anonymously (drop in box) and officially to HR, and through conducted surveys. Two surveys had amazing results.
’13 reasons why I should work for HIAB’