Implementation of Safety Measures at Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha to Contain the COVID-19 Infection
Dubai is gradually returning back to its normal life post coronavirus pandemic. This beautiful city is now all set to welcome back its tourists with full enthusiasm and full-fledged protective measures ensuring the complete safety of its visitors against Covid-19 infection.
The city is quite popular because of its huge malls, high-end hotels, wild skyscrapers and one of the world’s busiest airports. Around 11.5 percent of its revenue is generated from the tourism industry. However, during the last few months, coronavirus outbreak has greatly affected tourism especially the hotel business. So, in order to reactivate the hotel and tourism sector, the Dubai tourism authority has implemented extremely stern safety measures across all the tourism touch points and around tourist arrivals to contain the coronavirus infection.
The National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority of United Arab Emirates (UAE) has also issued an integral health and safety advisory summarizing all precautionary measures to be followed by all hotel establishments across UAE to ensure the safety and well-being of guests. Many hotel groups have also announced their own safety and hygiene standards in association with different hygiene companies and organizations around the world.
According to Helal Saeed Almarri, the Director General of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, Dubai is one of the most sought after destinations in the world people are looking for their next booking. Some of the top hotels of the city, including Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha, a part of the international hotel chain Intercontinental Hotels Group plc (IHG), have received a few reservation requests for the months of August and September as international travel remains uncertain because of coronavirus pandemic.
IHG has launched its IHG Clean Promise health and hygiene plan in partnership with Cleveland Clinic (an American academic medical center), Ecolab (a global provider of water, hygiene and infection preventions solutions and services) and Diversey (a cleaning and hygiene products supplier) to redefine cleanliness protocols and ensure well-being of their guests.
Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha is following all the stringent safety protocols as per the IHG Clean Promise program to enhance the guest experience:
• Thermal screening on guest arrival and complete sanitization and disinfection of guest luggage and packages
• Placement of partitions at the front desk counters
• Hand sanitizer and gloves provided for guest use
• Frequent sanitization of all touch points, all rooms and all public areas
• Full security and safety training provided to all staff
• Allocation of rooms to new guest 72 hours post the check-out of previous guest
• Thermal screening at all restaurants and outlets
• Limited seats to maintain social distancing and stress free dining
• Contactless digital menus in all restaurants
• Highest safety measures in kitchen using approved food grade disinfectants
• Contactless food delivery for all room service requests
• Thorough sanitization of all gym equipment after each guest use
• Complete sanitization of hotel vehicles used for guest transportation
• Full sanitization after each guest use
• Regular monitoring of staff health and safety
With all the above strategies in place, Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha is now open for new bookings and is well-prepared to welcome guests in a more peaceful and safe environment.